Part Evaluation & DFM Feasibility Study
RELAX WITH XPM - EXPERT PART MANAGER TO DISCOVER DIE DRAW, UNDERCUTS FOR ACTIONS, DRAFT, AND MORE
- Import nearly any type of data native with our extended translators seamlessly. Catia V5/V4, Siemens PLM NX (Unigraphics), Autodesk Inventor & Autocad, Solidworks, PTC Creo (Pro/E), Solid Edge, Prt, Step, Parasolid, Acis Sat, Iges, Dxf/Dwg, Stl, Jt, and many others.
- XPM is an automated tool for part file organization with intuitive selection of part solid geometry, scaling/tip point to use, die draw definition, multi-cavity tool layout positions, etc.
- Scaling of part expansion/shrink is completely automated & managed to ensure no human error. Options for variable shrink along different axis, and also different shrink applied to different parts in mold for multi-material molds.
- Extensive tools for part evaluations for checking draft, wall thickness, mass, volume, rib-to-wall ratio for possible sink concerns, etc. Easily clip pic’s to quickly make reports to share with your team. Everything you need is included.
Expert Mold Base Makes Us Different
ONLY PRODUCT THAT CAN AUTOMATICALLY SIZE CUSTOM & PURCHASED MOLD BASES WITH EACH NEW PROJECT, INCLUDING COMPONENT QTY/SIZE/LOCATION WITH OUR PROPRIETARY TECHNOLOGY DIRECTLY OUT-OF-THE-BOX
- After our XPM – Expert Part Manager organizes your parts into mold position, XMB – Expert Mold Base takes over to build your mold around them. Using industry best practice we eliminate the need for basic small/medium/large mold generic templates, and the wasted time adjusting the mold assembly for size, including all components, eyebolts, plate layouts and thickness, etc for quantity, size, and position with every new startup.
- Our unique technology, and forgiving approach to mold base and component positions parametrics, ensures the mold base size can even be altered with a fully completed final design, without the aggravation of freezing up or failure that occurs with other products.
- Also unique to XMD, there is never any linking or associating by the designer at all. Everything is always completely automatic, and managed internally.
- All of this is made possible by our Relational Moldbase Technology. Far beyond the use of outdated parametrics & linking to control change, XMD uses Artificial Intelligence like characteristics to evaluate past, present and future relationships between items and makes independent real-time decisions.
- The user interface is designed to be graphical, straight forward and easy to use. Select a typical plate configuration, or teach XMD your niche market specific layout. We have worked to make this very flexible, even for fixtures, tool and die, and other non-mold industries.
DIRECT MODELER FOR TRIM SHEET & SOLID MODEL GENERATION IN XMD OR SWAP MODELS FROM ANY SOURCE
- Our dynamic direct modelling tools are provided with XMD by our partners in KeyCreator. We work directly with the development team to support mold makers and continuous improvement projects, as seen in ever new release.
- Efficiently build complex parting line surface trim sheets and high quality water tight solids, using powerful, intuitive, easy to use tools.
- Built in feature recognition tools, ensure data can come from any source and still edit rad size’s and other features as native (chamfers, pockets, bosses, etc).
- Face Color filter/masking tools are best in the industry. Quickly effect change to your data selecting by face color, and help automate your CAM programming with rules and feature recognition.
- We have also built XMD to ensure you have the advantage with any model generation scenario. Some companies use multiple designers or outsource the generic 3D modelling portion of mold design, and seamlessly “Swap” into XMD. Using multiple resources helps complete time sensitive projects even quicker, and still takes advantage of our automated parameterizations and relational technology to update the entire mold base and everything that is affected by the new model size and shape. There is no disadvantage modeling outside the active assembly, as with all other products. Any newly swapped in model is completely integrated immediately.
- Optimized graphics engine technology ensures even the largest files, of several Gb in size, can be shaded with transparency, rotated, and interrogated with ease.
- Ability to animate assemblies and perform motion studies with collision detection.
Every Mold Needs A Press
XPB - EXPERT PRESS BUILDER BUILDS & RECORDS FOR REUSE YOUR INTERNAL OR CUSTOMER PRESSES
- Every press, even same make/model, seems to have some slight difference, or different option preference at each location. We have built this easy to use tool to quickly enter press spec’s, and construct the CAD for you.
- Data is saved and accessible by all internal users for other projects.
- Automate adding main connectors required for press hook up for hot runner electrical, limit switch plugs, hydraulics, water cooling, air lines for vacuum, etc. Never again have an incorrect connection when the tool arrives at production facility.
- Easily verify press fitment into press for platen size, tie bar clearance, dropping between tie bars, rotation clearance between platen and tie bars, side load clearance, platen bolt hole size, KO – knock out size and location, inlet spherical radius, orifice diameter, locating ring diameter, other press locators, etc. Eliminate the possibility of pressing loading issues at tryout or production.
- Use the XPB to define and manage tool orientation for Top of Mold, Operator Side, etc.
Inject Hot Runner Designs With No Wait
XHR - EXPERT HOT RUNNER SYSTEM FOR AUTOMATIC CUSTOM PRELIMINARY MANIFOLD LAYOUTS
- We all know the final hot runner design is coming from the supplier, but they are often backed up and take forever to send this. XHR bridges the gap, and allows you to get all mold design approvals from your customer with confidence, and without delays.
- Simply screen pic positions, or type in drop locations, and that is it!
- XHR adds your preliminary manifold system into your assembly, BOM, 3D model, 2D drawings, etc, all completely trimmed to the part or parting line model where drop tip is. Drop bores are added as well, with tip angles configurable to your internal indexable spade drill style, or other machining method. You can now confidently proceed through final mold designs, and allow avoidance for water cooling design.
- After easily adding the XHR, you can now export the model to kick off your manifold supplier immediately on the exact day you have drop positions confirmed. No waiting, and no work required by the designer to show the drop positions.
Our Library Makes You Smarter
DESIGNING MADE EASY WITH OUR 100'S OF THOUSANDS OF INTELLIGENTLY AUTOMATED COMPONENTS INSTALLED
- Our component library is unique to the industry as we have built it completely embedded in XMD, not just a 3rd party add-on. We chose the long road on this to ensure optimal intelligent automation, and superior performance and control within our product. Also, if we’re somehow missing a standard component you require, we’ll add it for you!
- With a single click of the mouse, we use Point & Shoot placement and XMD completes all tasks for the designer. Our advanced technology will even select the correct size needed for you, and complete all trimming holes/component, subtracts for all plates, automatically knows what plates to place in with no information from designer, 3D model & 2D drawings, and our fully automated BOM list. The designer only needs to focus on engineering the best mold possible.
- Less experienced designers are protected by our automation of safety for selection of mold base assembly fastener, guide pin, EB – eyebolt lift hole, and other sizes based on mold overall weight.
- Add components to your design based on intent, and all possible options are instantly displayed when needed. The main configuration file already has your preferred supplier order, so brand selection is usually not even necessary. Our automation makes everything easier.
Scope Definition & Design Navigator
EXECUTE PRECISELY FOCUSED CHANGES TO EXACTLY THE ITEMS YOU WANT MODIFIED
- Incredible control over major changes to a design. Affecting single items, or all is basic, but we allow many more grouping definitions at the click of a button, and highlight the difference. Further fine tuning of your selection can be done with screen selection/deselection as well!
- Scope options can be utilized for movement, or modify size changes throughout the program. As always, all plates, all subtracts, all holes, all components retrimmed or lengths adjusted, all BOM entries updated, all machining face colors applied, all 2D drawings and 3D model completely intelligently automatically updated, with no follow work needed by the designer.
- A seemingly simple technology, our Scope Definitions have been refine over decades and are a game changer and strong contributor to why XMD mold designers are the world’s fastest!
- Our very unique approach in our Design Navigator looks like a typical assembly tree, but it’s a much easier to use, powerfull, interactive control system for the entire design. Right click functions are included as well to affect sweeping changes as needed.
- Instantly display plate solids only, or with holes, at any moment through the entire design process. You are never committed to subtracted holes in your model.
Smart Water & Conformal Cooling
WHETHER AIR LINES FOR PNEUMATIC'S, HYDRAULIC LINES, STEAM, HOT OIL, OR WATER, WE GOT YOU COVERED
- The industries only single click, Point & Shoot placement technology. Designer selects the Smart Water command, confirms XMD intuitively selected solid to add waterline to, then click on screen to place. Done.
- Fitting and thread tapping options include NPT, BSPS, BSPT, SAE, and Metric Taper.
- Smart Water and bubbler Baffle placement enhanced features include automated collision detection for crash avoidance, self trimming for offset values to sidewall and drilling direction values, self trimming also for water circuit creation as new line terminates intuitively, automatic selection of the proper component type and length to use from the library, etc.
- Also, as with all items in XMD, automatic hole generation, BOM updated, 3D models & 2D drawings all updated instantly.
- Automatic spot faces even! XMD will add and remove as needed with waterline position or changing model. Occurs whenever needed due to pocket proximity, contoured entry point, angled drilling direction, etc.
- Easily sweep Conformal Cooling channel shapes along a guide and custom subtract from plate solids. These 3D printed metal inserts will feed from XMD pipes, or O-rings with drilled waterlines in main block.
The One with Hybrid 2D/3D Designing
FRIEND'S SHARE THEIR SECRET SUPER POWER OF DESIGNING SIMULTANEOUSLY IN 3D MODEL AND DRAWING VIEWS
- Add or modify anything in simple 2D drawing views, and it simultaneously updates in the 3D model .(and yes, all subtracts, BOM, etc)
- Often complex water cooling lines are easier to sketch in 2D, and our Hybrid 2D “sketching” instantly gives you finished results.
- 2D drawings are never an afterthought in XMD, and are always available even if it is only for that 1 customer each year that requires dxf or pdf drawings. They are also useful as reference for some mold makers that prefer to review on paper, over the CAD viewer on a monitor.
- With our aged drafting board quality 2D drawings and details, you will impress even the most experienced Journeyman Mold Makers with your expertise and attention to detail. We’ll keep your secret safe, that XMD automation took care of that work for you too!